If you have company-owned vehicles, you have a fleet. Whether they’re forklifts, pickup trucks, trailers or company cars, fleet maintenance is crucial in Lexington, OR. Keeping your fleet well-maintained is the key to its longevity. Unfortunately, many companies underestimate the need for regular fleet maintenance—especially the importance of hiring an outside company to do the job.
Keeping your fleet well-maintained ultimately saves a lot of time, money and manpower, especially when you work with a company like Bailey Heavy Equipment Repair, Inc. Read on to find out how fleet maintenance can benefit your company:
- Keep your vehicles in great condition: The most important benefit of regular fleet maintenance is that it will keep your vehicles in the best condition possible. This ensures they’ll always be operational, extends their lifespan and ensure you’ll always be ready for important jobs.
- Prevent downtime and save money with regular maintenance: When your vehicles break down, it’s not only expensive to fix, but it costs you money on jobs, too. No customer wants to hear that their project has been delayed, even if it’s for a “good” reason. By maintaining your fleet appropriately, you’ll ensure you can meet all your commitments. Repairs will also be a lot cheaper when you work with a fleet maintenance company.
- Keep operational costs low: The better shape your fleet is in, the less money you’ll spend on repairs—and you’ll also spend a lot less on fuel, oil and dealing with minor malfunctions. Keeping your vehicles in good shape reduces the amount of money you’ll spend to keep them on the road. Over time, that can save your company a lot of cash.
- Make sure your fleet complies with environmental regulations: There are plenty of environmental regulations that apply to your vehicles, which are designed to reduce the volume of emissions your fleet produces. Not only do emissions cause global warming, but they can also increase chances of contracting neurological disorders. As company owners, you have an obligation to keep the community as clean and safe as possible. Good maintenance helps guarantee that.
- Stay ready for testing and inspections: State and federal regulatory authorities can mandate tests and inspections, like smog tests and more. The better you maintain your vehicles, the more likely they’ll be ready for testing and inspections on a moment’s notice. Plus, when you work with a fleet maintenance management company, you won’t have to worry about when it’s going to get done and who’s going to do it.
- Keep your resale value high: Finally, keeping your fleet in good shape will increase your vehicles’ resale value. Like your personal vehicle, the cleaner and better functioning your fleet vehicle are, the easier it will be to resell or trade them in later.
When you need fleet maintenance or utility vehicle repair in Lexington, OR, the team at Bailey Heavy Equipment Repair, Inc. can help. Call us today to learn more about our services and schedule your own fleet maintenance management plan. We look forward to working with you!